Shadowcats

Hi! I'm back.
So much for doing this every day. 
Maybe I don't have that much to say. 
Maybe I'm just lazy. 
It's a toss up. 
I am preoccupied. There's still words that have to be strung together in a narrative form. 
Concepts have to be pulled from seemingly thin air.
The world is falling to shit around us. 
The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
And those in charge need a serious spanking for telling lies. 
Give it a few more days and a sense of ennui will overcome the anxiety.
Not my anxiety. I'm built for this shit. I love my own company and being left alone to create.
I'm talking the general state of things. Of those around me. Or around us. 
Or around whoever. 
Do we even know anymore? 


My friend Anna Taborska sent me a copy of her latest book of short stories, Shadowcats. It's terrific and vicious. Of course she failed to mention one of the stories The Cat Sitter is up for an award with the HWA. Seriously, it's that good. Go buy it -- Amazon. Especially if your a Lovecraft or Clark Aston Smith fan. And I'm saying nothing else about it 'cause you should read it for yourself. The one thing I've never done in my career is written short stories. Now, there's no reason for me to try because Anna's so damn good at it. I also adore her For Those Who Dream Monsters. Go buy that as well. -- Amazon And enjoy. 

Have been working on a couple of different pitches for television projects. It's an art form I am determined to master. I've done them before, but there's always room for improvement. It's the same with screenwriting. Formulaic. Then you tighten until it's smooth without any leaks. Which takes time and patience. Lucky I've had lots of time lately thanks to the stay at home order in effect in Los Angeles. And patience is the virtue I try my best to cultivate. I think it might be one of my secret super powers. Living in tiny mountainous village in rural France taught me that. "It might not happen today. It might not happen tomorrow. But it will happen in its own time." Trust. Very French. But it's true. Moral lesson for the day. Hurrah! 

So that's it. I think it's Sunday. But I could be wrong.
Ciao. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

777 - Truth Will Out

November 5th Reality Check

We Burn To Remember