Say Hello, Wave Goodbye

Cannot believe I am back here again. I never thought I would say this--but I have missed having a blog. Wordpress looks splashy but it's a bitch to update. Subsequently, my website has not been updated in ages. Lame, I know. But I can't be bothered anymore. Which is a shitty attitude, but it is what it is.

So here I am. I feel all rusty and nervous, like I would have felt at prom--had I gone to prom. I went to see The Exploited play in Chicago instead. That should tell you what kind of teenager I was. Anyways, I need to grease the wheels in different ways. All of my writing for the last however many months has been for work. Am not bitching because I am so lucky and so blessed to be working with the people I am writing and creating with. And I'm in love with all of the projects. It's been an amazing year so far. But I miss writing for myself. I miss having somewhere to keep things current. To share my successes and failures. To share my weird ideas and fascinations. I'm gonna keep it simple. Clean. And I'm not going to tell anyone about it. Hurrah!

Shared Hallucination is something I muse on all the time. It's because I ponder the material world, and am looking for explanations or answers to question I don't always know. Which is not confusing--at--all... The other day I was walking down a hill in the canyon. The combination of the clouds and the light, and the coolness in the shadows, and the warmth of the sunshine, made me think I was back in the Languedoc. And literally I was there for a moment. Like physically there. It was disorienting, but thrilling. Time and space had swapped somehow. Juxtaposed. Done a Freaky Friday. If only for a few moments. Of course, I later learned it was Spring forward so my internal clock being out of whack may have accounted somewhat for it. No matter. It still happened. Last week, within a couple of minutes of being asleep, I had an earthquake dream so vivid, I woke myself out of it and went to stand in the doorway (which yes, I know doesn't help, but I went to grade school in LA--old habits die hard). Realizing it was over, I got on the internet to see how big of a quake it had actually been. But there were crickets. No earthquake. No nothing. Flat as a millpond. Only an overly vivid dream state. No matter. To me it counts. I'd like to believe it was happening somewhere in the world. Or someone else was dreaming it as well. Or perhaps it is a premonition of things to come. Although I live in Los Angeles where it's only a matter of when--not if. These are shared hallucinations. Moments in time that make you stand back and think what the fuck?! The moments that make you stand back and notice how ephemeral it all is. That's the best description I can come up with for now. If you can think of something better, I'm all ears!

Have been toying with reinvigorating my Mapping the Inner Terrain project. I think I'll keep a journal of that here. Let's see what I come up with this time. It means I have to get another charcoal pencil, and I have to be diligent. Consistency it what shows results. Sigh. Bigger sigh. I think I will pick from the vernal equinox to the summer solstice. Seems an appropriate amount of time. And I am making a promise to myself to complete the cycle this time--and to post the results weekly. On here. Hurrah. I think. So there's that.

Here's the actual picture of what is the background of this blog. It was taken during the filming of a ritual for DARK ARTE. It's an actual Book of Shadows, although it's not my BOS. The ring is from Alex Streeter Jewelery (think ANGEL HEART, if you don't already know). And it was photographed by my enormously talented friend and show runner extraordinaire, Laura Barbera.  Cheers--I'm out.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

777 - Truth Will Out

November 5th Reality Check

We Burn To Remember