On Lockdown

Day Two of the end of the world.
We're officially on lockdown now.
Went to the madhouse of a supermarket. Bought supplies for a few weeks.
Drawbridge is up at the witches cottage.
It's still pissing cats and dogs.
And I'M THRILLED! (No, not about the pandemic, and the terrible state of the world. Just the social-distancing part.)

Those roots! Generally, I'm in braids.
So much time to write. So much time to paint. So much time to read. So much time watch everything. Sleeping in. But no boxing which sucks. Once you are in boxing shape you never want to skip a day or take time off because getting into boxing shape is so bloody hard. And there's no way in hell I would actually get that in shape without someone else holding me accountable. It's been one day and I already miss the gym. Gravity already has it claws in me. I can feel it. I could take up running, but let's be real, that would last for a couple of days. Hmmm. I could always wear latex gloves while doing the cardio part and wipe down my gloves with hand sanitizer. I will look like a complete dork, but it might work. Problem solved. I may up the drawbridge after all.

I love the discipline of boxing. Actually, I thrive on the discipline of boxing. It sets the tone of my day. Resets my anxiety. Gets me out of my head so my creative brain can take a powder. And I love to sweat. Drip sweat. It's true. Even when it's gross.



Just finished watching Season Three of Castlevania. I was so blown away by the writing and the storylines that I told Warren Ellis on social media--and he answered me back! I actually never do that sort of thing, but I was really deeply impressed.

I was going off an a whole diatribe about the series, but do yourself a favor and just go watch it! 

By the way, I disagree with his kitchen sink comment. He's being polite. I love when writing gets weird. Takes chances. And you have a bunch of morally complicated characters doing great and terrible things. Plus, add some infamous historical references. It makes for great viewing. It asks questions. You have to pay attention. You have to be a little in the know. The eyes on the wings of the infernal archangel monsters. So great! What a treat. Now that I'm on lockdown, maybe I'll watch it again.




I have to get to work. There's storylines that need sorting out. And a pitch that needs fine-tuning. Always a million more miles to go. Until later then.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

777 - Truth Will Out

November 5th Reality Check

We Burn To Remember