Musings on the Turning of the Seasons


Day whatever of the end of March. Did I say that yesterday?
The weather is gorgeous. Puffy clouds.
LA skies have never been bluer. There's a hint of rain in the air.
The quiet is so relaxing. Have been sleeping like a baby.
But I barely know what day it is and things seem to be slipping in some respects.
Oh, and I made pancakes this morning. They were DELICIOUS! 
It's the small things...

Also, started the morning with an international call with various members of the Covenant of Hekate. A very interesting group of people talking about the myths of Persephone and Demeter as it relates to Hekate. There's much food for thought. I've always been fascinated with Hekate's liminal aspects. Those transition times pregnant with possibility. But I'd never really considered Hekate's role as a facilitator in the myths. It's because of this aspect, the mediating between the light and the dark, Spring is allowed to be sprung. And with Hekate's aid, Persephone returns to the upper world. So Hekate is Mediator / Facilitator / Reconciler. The mirror of Creator / Preserver / Destroyer. Even after lecturing in depth about Hekate Phosphorous, the light bringer, guiding our the way through the darkness, I missed the totality of the bigger picture. The three within the one. And that's what it always comes back to. The eternal return. 

Persephone has played a part in my life the last couple of months ever since that beautiful dream I had on the winter solstice of the marriage between Hades and herself. I think something is reconciling within my soul. New longings, new ways of expressing myself, and my creativity. But I am also out of my element. Far in the deep waters, not touching the bottom of the pool. In other words, way out of my comfort zone. The journey from muse to creator. Being a muse is great in theory, but it sucks in reality. Why? Because you are always an extension of someone else's dream. Someone else's vision that is never your own. There's a simplicity to a one dimensional role. And you can fool yourself in thinking it's important. Inspirational. But it's not. You have no voice. No depth. No real character that is your own. It's an easy place to hide. But never fulfilling. Contributing to your own dream is scary. It's personal. You can fail in so many ways. And yet, the only way you truly fail is to not try or to hide behind someone else. Then, you fail yourself. It's a mistake I'm well acquainted with and have worked hard to overcome these last few years. From one dimensional to three dimensional. Height / Depth / Width -- or substance. And substance is what is really needed to become an artist. Substance resonates.

Enough musings for today. You can see way my thoughts slip 'n slide. Fun. There's still an apocalyptic pandemic to contend with. Scripts to read. More fun. And a Jeep that refuses to be fixed properly. Yes, the check engine light is on, AGAIN! 
Argh! It's the little things...
Until later.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

777 - Truth Will Out

November 5th Reality Check

We Burn To Remember