Day Three Blues

It's still pissing cats and dogs.
Day three and I'm over it.
The Jeep is being satanic so I'm stuck until Monday.
Tea Party cancelled. I'm eating all the cookies.
Genesis P died this morning.
And I beginning to suspect I started this blog not to grease the wheels, but as another distraction.
At least it's a writing distraction.
With all the pandemic misinformation and hysteria flying around it makes me wonder what's really happening when we're not looking.
Ugh...


Lux is a regal bastard.
Went out looking for Lux earlier but he's hunkered down somewhere I can't find him. Am so used to him noisily squawking and honking all day long that it feels weirdly silent.

I think the whole canyon has the day three blues. Except the bears across the way. They have a home cinema. And a popcorn maker. And vodka. Dammit. Am envious.

Someone asked me the other day on Instagram about the rabbit pictures. On the first day of each month the first thing I say when I wake up is, "rabbit. rabbit." The first thing I post on social media is the same thing. It's part of an old charm from the West Country that I readapted for the computer age. Supposedly, it brings good luck. I'm superstitious and like to believe that. Except for the months when I fuck up. And then pretend like I didn't forget--and wonder what terrible things are in store for the month ahead. That's how my mind works.



Am working on an outline now. It's a project I've had done a fair amount of work on, but I see ways it can be better. I'm at that pulling on threads to see what unravels stage. It's my nature to pick things apart. I like them to be the best they can be. I need a structure to be strong. Strong first, original second. It takes time. Sometimes I'm slower than other writers because I'm turning all the options around, and looking at them from every angle to make certain they hold up. If they don't, I keep turning them until they finally tread water. I used to just write and fix it as I went along. But I finally realized that is a truly stupid way to work. Fall in love with structure. It really is your friend. I remember years ago Eckart Meyners at the University of Luneberg, who was the the head of Sports Movement and Learning Theory, telling me it's all about the structure. Once you understand the parameters of the structure, and the structure itself is strong, then you can have any kind of adaptation within the structure. Very German. But it makes sense for writing as well. Structure creates the formula that allows spontaneity and creativity. I'm giving myself a pep talk as I write this--can you tell?

Am brewing up another pot of tea and getting down to work for the day. Or almost night. Whatever. It's almost the end of the world. Who cares what time it is. Until later...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

777 - Truth Will Out

November 5th Reality Check

We Burn To Remember